Mushrooms are powerful and rate high in the plant based world for their nutrition.
Technically they are not a vegetable, they are a fruit body of several fungi species; most common, is the button, oyster, enoki,and portobello Mushroom.
A single portobello mushroom contains more potassium than a banana. Who knew.
A potassium rich diet is linked to a long list of health benefits including lowering of blood pressure and bone health.
Providing not only potassium, mushrooms convert sunlight into a usable form of vitamin D that aids the absorption of calcium and phosphorus - two vital and essential minerals for bone health and bone strength.
Just half a cup of mushrooms provides 100% of the recommended daily vitamin D intake.
Yes, low in calories, fat and sodium, they provide antioxidants which assist in cell protection ( caused by free radicals)excellent source of riboflavin, B vitamins for energy, growth and red cell production. As well as being rich in potassium,, and copper, ( for producing and and storing Iron, they are rich in Selenium, which will assist in protecting and preventing many cancers - including colon, stomach , skin and bladder cancers.
Health in a Hurry - quick and easy soup - bursting with ‘Go’ food’ ingredients !
Not just MUSHROOM SOUP RECIPE;
✅Avocado because.... folate, fibre Vit C, B 6, supports brain, eye, bone, gums, liver, & weight loss.
✅Cauliflower because... fibre, antioxidants, Vit B 1,2,3, & 6, C, K & Omega 3, potassium, magnesium, protein. Good for brain, bones,gut, weight loss, & immunity.
Pot to bowl time- 30 mins
- 1 medium Cauliflower - chop into flowerettes
- 500 g Mushrooms
- 6 Organic Garlic cloves - finely chopped
- 2 Brown onions- diced
- 1T Coconut oil
- 1T Olive oil
- 1T Lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon Tumeric
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan Salt
- 1/ 4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 to 2 litres Organic Vegetable stock - must cover your ingredients, then add reserved stock to adjust for a thinner soup if desired
- *Add before final blending:
- 1/ 2 Avocado or up to one avocado.
- In a large soup pot, heat oils
- Add onions, to soft,
- Add garlic, stir 1 min.
- Add vegetables, all other ingredients except avocado
- Bring to boil, with lid, lower to simmer until soft.
- Cool slightly.
- Blend until smooth
- Add more stock to adjust thickness required - if so return turn to heat for 5 mins.
- Add 1/2 avocado or up to whole avocado
- Final blend until all combined.
- Refrigerated up to one week, freezes well as individual servings.